Be the change, too.
Psst! Make sure you specify that you are donating to Shakti Caravan India. All donations are tax deductible through The Vanaver Caravan's status as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit.
100% of our profits go directly to our Shakti Caravan programs and into making sure our programming is available and accessible to Udaipur locals, regardless of economic means.
It costs. . .
- $5 to help give a hot meal or a sweater to one of our students in need.
- $10 for one student in Udaipur to participate in one of our 8 course programs.
- $100 to provide art supplies and art projects to our students.
- $500 to produce a dance performance with live musicians.
- $1500 to produce a festival with costumes for students.
- $2000 to build a stage, run electric, and flushing toilets on the Shakti Academy Land
- $3500 to send a Shakti Caravan teaching artist overseas for a 3 week program.
Udaipur is a city of vast economic divides. Many of the schools we work with in Udaipur are deeply impoverished. Just getting clothes and food to the children uses up a huge amount of the resources allotted to the administrators. Teachers and administrators often do not have the resources to provide even the basic school essentials, like pencils, paper, and text books. In most of these schools, there is simply no funding for additional programming.
We find similar issues in our extracurricular programs. It is essential to us that all of our workshops, performances and classes are accessible to people of every caste, in every corner of the city. So we've taken it on ourselves to raise funds.
Your contribution, big or small, makes a huge difference to the programs we can bring to the city of Udaipur. All donations made are tax deductible. Thank you.